Introduction to Nana Asambia
km from Bhuj and 20 km from Mandvi, the village
of Nana Asambia is situated on Bhuj-Mandvi
main road. In 1953 according to Hindu calander,
Asmbia came under the rule of Jadeja Hardhodji.
was the son of one of the five queens of Kutch's
rav Shri Tamachji. He ruled the village with his
brothers for about 5 years but he left it because
of family crisis. He dicided to build a new place
called Tumibhatt near the village of Talavana and
he sent Khetshisha to look around the place. On
the advise of Khetshisha, Hardhodji built "Bhatt"
village on north side of the village Asambia. This
village is known as Nana Asambia now. After Hardhodji,
Lakhdhirji and his brothers ruled the village. After
15th August 1947 when India got its freedom, Nana
Asmbia along with Kutch came under the rule of Indian
Government on 1st of June 1948 and it was the end
of the monarchy of Kutch's last King late Maharavshri
has built a big pond which is known as Khetsha
pond. He also built a well on the west side
of the village known as Shelor.
had Samadhimaran, but also promised villagers that
he will come back whenever they need him and people
say that he did came again and again whenever the
village was in danger. So people also does Pankhi
and Pahedi on his name in every month of Chitra
according to Hindu calander.
There are many different
places in the village like religious places, deucational
places, general services' offices and many more.